You can create your own home office, even if you're tight on space.
At Everett Office Furniture, we know finding the right home office furniture is only half the battle. You also need to find a work-friendly space in your home, which isn't always an easy task.
To help you in your quest to set up a permanent home office, we've gathered some inspiration from home-based workers like you. Check out these space-saving home office ideas!
- If you have a small room or a large closet in your home, you can turn it into a home office by adding a desk and shelves. Don’t forget to add a comfortable, ergonomic office chair!
- Got space under your stairs? Try setting up a desk and chair there! Of course, it’s always preferable to have a comfortable, ergonomic office chair.
- All you really need is a corner to set up a full home office space. Bonus points for decorating the wall with shelving that matches your desk and chair!
- Not the only one working from your home? Why not finish your basement and turn it into an office space with matching desks?
- You don’t have to choose between ergonomic functionality and personality. Just look at this home office featuring a sit-stand desk, comfortable office chair, colorful wall lights, houseplants, and unique decor choices!
- Of course, if you do have a spare room, why not use it? Even spaces that could use a fresh coat of paint can be turned into a beautiful workspace with the right home office furniture and decor.
- For some jobs, all you really need to create a home office is a flat surface and a chair. You can find a way to set up a workspace even in a cozy apartment with some thoughtful planning.
- Got a lot of paperwork? Maybe it’s time to declutter your cabinetry. Create some storage space for your work papers, then set up a desk next to the window.
- To make your home office feel more comfortable, try setting up shop next to your favorite existing home decor.
- White decor and home office furniture can make your space feel roomy and luxurious. If you’re buying a home office desk for a small space, consider getting a light finish.
- Is there a part of your home you mostly use for show? Consider turning it into your home office!
- Natural light can help you feel happier and more productive. If you have a sunroom, that might be the best place to set up your home office desk.
- Got a small wall nook? Measure the dimensions and find a table or desk that fits. Instant home office!
- Living in a tiny apartment isn’t easy, but it is possible. With thoughtful furniture choices, like this rollout storage unit and table extending from the kitchen countertop, you can still create a decent home office space.
- In a pinch, you can always set up a home office in your bedroom. Buy a home office desk and chair, add a painting and a few wall plants to frame the space, and it feels like you’re in a different room!
Extra Tip: Use an Ergonomic Office Chair
Whatever style or space you choose for your home office, you should seriously consider investing in a high-quality office chair that can be adjusted for your ergonomic needs. Ergonomic chairs have been shown to increase productivity and reduce pain.
If you are looking to purchase home office furniture in the near future, check out Everett Office Furniture’s selection of ergonomically adaptable office chairs. We suggest the Presta series for full comfort with contemporary styling or the Cool Mesh Pro series for adjusting to different tasks throughout the day.